Are you confident, disciplined, trustworthy, a good team member, friendly and enthusiastic? Join our popular and professional team providing a quality evening safety and security presence at our clubs, bars, functions and concerts.
Full training is provided; this must be achieved as a condition of employment.
We welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workforce. We would particularly welcome applications from women who are currently under- represented in this department.
Working at the Student's Union
Here at the Sheffield Student’s Union we employ excellent staff. Our staff follow behaviours which have been developed in line with our organisational strategy for staff to aspire to. Some of the key behaviours we look for in our workforce are:
● Delivers service excellence
● Communicates effectively and works as a collaborative team
● Builds strong working relationships
● Demonstrates social responsibility, recognises ethical and environmental working and complies with legal requirements
● Creates and maintains a ‘can do’ culture
● Demonstrates financial awareness and optimises the use of resources
● Demonstrates creativity and innovation
● Demonstrates effective decision-making and problem-solving
We welcome applications from those who feel they possess these key behaviours
You will work in an exciting and progressive environment and enjoy great staff benefits including:
Sheffield Students' Union welcomes applications from all candidates irrespective of age, pregnancy and maternity, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief, or marital or civil partnership status.
Please note: full-time students at the University of Sheffield are not permitted to work more than 16 hours per week
Successful candidates must be available from 5pm on Wednesday 18th September 2019 for training
Salary: £9.20ph( £8.21 + 0.99p holiday entitlement)
Full training will be given and then the higher rate of £9.56 per hour will become payable once SIA licensed status has been achieved.
Closing date: Friday 30th August 2019 at 3pm
Interviews: Thursday 5th and Friday 6th September 2019
Start Date: 18th September 2019 (For Steward and induction training)